Sunday, May 30, 2010

Red Lobster's Cheddar Garlic Biscuits

I found this recipe when I used to work at Borders. I forget the exact title of the book it came from, but it was based on restaurant rip-off recipes. I remember covertly copying down the recipe on a scratch sheet of paper from my purse...haha...I wonder what I thought was going to happen to me if someone saw? Oh my. I was just too cheap to buy the book myself when I really only wanted one recipe from it! :) They're delicious and taste so authentic!

Ingredients:
2.5 cups Bisquick
4 TBSP. cold butter
1 heaping cup cheddar cheese
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (is NOT the same as garlic salt!!)
1/2 tsp. dried, minced onion (optional)
parsley

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Combine Bisquick with cold butter using a large fork or pastry blender. Do not mix too thoroughly. There should be pea-sized chunks of butter left. Add cheese, milk, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Mix by hand. Don't overmix. Drop 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.

Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

Topping: melt 2 TBSP butter in microwave. Stir in 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and parsley. Spread over biscuits.