Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mom's Stromboli

My husband LOVES this recipe from my mom! I used to not like it as a child, but am loving it now!

Ingredients:
2 loaves frozen bread dough (get this at Walmart; I tried a roll of pizza dough, which was ok, but not the best)
1 lb. ground beef, browned with onion
4 oz. can mushrooms
6 slices Turkey Ham
pepperoni (this was my addition; got a bag on sale at BB's and layered them in on top...amazing!)
chopped tomatoes
mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Thaw bread dough and roll out to size with rolling pin. Layer ham, ground beef, pepperonis, mushrooms, tomatoes, and cheese. Fold up dough and close ends. Turn over onto a cookie sheet. Cut diagonal slits into top of the dough. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Serve with heated spaghetti sauce on top, if you want.