Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Potato Potato Salad


Lately, my recipe experiments have been mainly flops. :( I was so excited to finally find one that I WAS excited about! I lovelovelove this recipe! It makes the perfect potato salad. Seriously.

Ingredients:
2 potatoes (I used large new potatoes)
1 sweet potato (I used yellow)
4 eggs
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped (I just tossed in some green onion)
3/4 cup mayonnaise (or a bit less)
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

Directions:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and chop.


Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water; cool, peel and chop.


Combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture, toss well to coat. Refrigerate and serve chilled.